Thursday, October 25, 2012

Blasphemy to Senior Citizen by TATA POWER DELHI DISTRIBUTION LTD


Dear Sir / M'am

I am writing to you in mental agony and such a huge harassment by TPDDL , which has left me with nothing but risk my life after such a pain.My name is Om Prakash Arora , R/O AC BLOCK , POCKET - 4 , HOUSE NO 62B SHALIMAR BAGH , DELHI - 110088.I have been living in this house for past 25 years with my wife who is also a Senior Citizen as I am .

We were living in content , peacefully until the day - 28th August , 1345hrs when 03 men claiming to be from Tata Power came to my house and asked me in a threatening voice to open the house for inspection.Upon my asking politely to show their id card , they told me that it's none of my business to check anything and infact if i will not open the door , i shall bear the consequences.I was afraid and told them that me and my wife are alone at home and you may come back in the evening while i will call my son from the office who lives in Pitampura.

To this they were hostile and abused me a couple of times and said that i should pay them for the visit or else they will create problem in my existing meter and will put charges which i will have to bear later.I told them firm and politely that i have nothing and i am not going to pay any heed to their threat.I could manage to hear the name of the person while the other two who were waiting downstairs called him that "Chal Nitin , humne kaam kar diya hai niche , aur baaki likh denge jo likhna hai".

Since then , i was worried and told about it to my Son and Daughter who were also concerned as my wife is a heart patient have suffered problems in the past due to her health.Post this , one day on the morning of 16th September 2012 , we received a letter from TPDDL which was a "SHOW CAUSE NOTICE" of "DISHONEST ABSTRACTION OF ENERGY".Me and my wife were under severe shock and got so worried that why are we being targetted , and my wife fell down on the floor in absolute stress and tension to which i had to call my Daughter in Law and my Son who was on his Sales Visit in Gurgaon.

Eventually , i did not gave up and went to the office of Enforcement Assessment Cell for the personal hearing at EAC Building , Sector - 3 Rohini where they harassed me to the maximum while i contested that all my previous and current bills are being paid and i am a bonafide citizen to which they gave a damn and asked me to give a letter along with the evidence / enclosures what all i have post which they may evaluate.While in grief and severe stress i was moving out , i could see many people sitting there for one charge or the other.My hearing was done in presence of Mr Aditya (Authorized Officer from TPDDL) , who asked me to present all documents.

I happen to submit all enclosures / valid documents to EAC office on 26th September with the letter stating all the details of bill paid.

To this , the last hammer on my injuries were strike by sending another letter on 12th of October again , stating the notice of disconnection along with a speaking order that i have to pay Rs 63831 for the same reason and that i have not submitted any enclosures or letter to the office of EAC nor was i present for personal hearing.

Me and my wife since then are living in fear and tension by the day, and have no support from anyone.Media is our only support who can get us justice as all my money had been invested in my Children's higher studies and we are solely dependent on some savings from the Government Aid of pension scheme.

Please help me , it's my sincere request with folded hands.

Yours Faithfully ,

Om Prakash Arora

No comments:

Post a Comment