Friday, March 16, 2012

Please Vote & Vote for a person who has signed the pledge

My Pledge to the voters of my ward :
First Citizen of the Ward 
I am standing as a candidate in the upcoming MCD 2012 elections to be conducted in April, 2012. If elected I will seek to serve you as the first citizen of your ward. I realize that you the voters think of me as your elected representative for matters that I do not control directly. I will try my best to address all issues that are hurting the ward to the best of my ability. 

3-5 MeTRO’s 
Within 100 days of being elected I will build a team of voluntary advisors from all sections of my ward who will serve as my cabinet and together with them we will publish an annual plan with 3-5 MeTRO’s (Measurable Time bound Real Outcomes). We will work on other things as well but I will publish a monthly report by the 7th of following month giving the status of the MeTRO’s at the end of the month. 

Corruption Prevention & Performance Incentives 
Reducing corruption in my ward will be a major priority for me. Just as malaria cannot be eradicated without prevention, corruption cannot be eliminated without prevention. With my advisory team we will publish our corruption reduction and performance incentive plan within 180 days of being elected and I will provide monthly updates on progress. To monitor spending on major projects I will appoint resident monitors who will look at projects from tendering to completion and publish reports on the web for all to see. 

Acting as an Enabler & Involving youth 
I feel all of us in the ward must have bank accounts and be literate. I will work out a plan with banks and educators to make this happen. I also want zero open defecation and malnutrition in my ward. A plan will be prepared in 180 days and you will get monthly progress reports. I will form a youth army within 180 days of being elected to independently measure MeTRO’s and to act as volunteers for social projects. These youth will get social work certificates. 

Under promise over Deliver 
I will not make empty promises like others make that everyone will have a job, house, water, electricity and good roads. You have been hearing these for years. I will work on all these but with very clear specific plans which will be in my MeTRO’s. I am not a magician and I cannot promise you miracles but I will listen and focus on innovation, fast and good execution. 

50% + Thumbs down 
If elected I will be at your service and live up to the trust you have reposed in me. I will not be addicted to my chair. If someone sets up a good robust system to measure the number of voters in my ward who are giving me thumbs down for bad performance and that number exceeds 50% I will resign. 

Pledge Enforcement 
I recognize that many may think that enforcing this pledge may be difficult but I think the youth of the country are powerful enough to find creative ways of enforcing this pledge. 

Lose or Win I will Serve 
My objective is to serve the ward so if the person who wins has signed a similar pledge then I will serve as an advisor if I get 500 or more votes. If I win I will take on as advisors all my opponents who got 500 or more votes. 

Please Vote & Vote for a person who has signed the pledge 
I hope to convince you I am the best and earn your vote. If you do not vote for me please do vote but vote for an opponent who has signed the pledge. 

Signed Date: Witness 1 Witness 2 


By :  Anita Bhargava

No comments:

Post a Comment