Saturday, January 28, 2012

Water meter reading problem ?


I am a resident of Mayur Vihar-1 at Pocket One for the last over 30 years.  Though our Association has done a lot for the development of our colony. I am facing a small problem which I could see no resolution.

I got my water meter changed   2 years back after the  notice to the residents to get their water meter changed. I thereby got it  installed  in the toilet of my flat which is at 2nd floor because most of the time water meter get stolen  by the miscreants . In addition to that I and other members of my family remain away during the day time.  The problem arises here that the meter reader do not find it convenient to climb at 2nd floor  to record the  meter reading and just mark  flat being  locked.  The bills are therefore raised with exorbitant charges at highest consumption basis.

I request the RWAs to take up this issue at appropriate level since it is a common problem being faced by the residents.  I suggest that whenever the meter reader visit the flat and find it locked he should paste a slip with his telephone number at the door of the flat informing his visit. The resident would inform him the meter reading when back home that would lead to get our bills at genuine consumption basis.    Similar process is already in practice adopted by the Indprastha Gas Ltd.

I would thank you to kindly look into it and help us.

Regards

Ashok Gupta
41-F Pocket One
Mayur Vihar, Delhi-110 091

No comments:

Post a Comment