Saturday, January 15, 2011

Congratulations !

Dear shri Vohraji,

Congratulations on your successful completion of one year of website launch and being felicitated by Delhi CM in this period.I wish you all the best in your endeavor of selfless community service. Please keep it up.

In the past you have informed us all on highhanded unilateral attitude of Delhi Jal Board in raising its charges. In this connection I wish to bring to your notice that I have received bill No. 226637 dated 05.01.11 for Rs. 730 being the charges for the period from 27.07.10 to 09.11.10 including Rs.200 levied as ad hoc amount W.E.F. 01.10.10 for domestic non working meters. My meter No. RMCO DJB was installed by the DJB has not been working since long. As the meter was installed by DJB it is their responsibility to keep it running. In the event of its being defective they are required to replace it. On contacting them personally I was advised that DJB will replace all such defective meters which were installed by them. If it is there commitment I cannot understand why Rs. 200 for nonworking meter been levied when it is their meter and they are supposed to maintain it? It is likely that some of the residents in your area may have received similar bills.

Though I have paid the bill under protest I shall appreciate your taking up the matter with concerned authorities for reversing uncalled for levy. If it is not possible for them to do so they should inform for what period the ad hoc charges been levied and why?

Thanking you and with best regards

S.N.Malik

No comments:

Post a Comment