Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Games Village better than in Olympics: Milkha Singh

NEW DELHI: The Common Wealth Games Village might have come in for a lot of criticism for being 'filthy and unlivable', but legendary Milkha singh said it's the best he had ever seen.

"I would proudly say the facilities the organisers have provided at the athletes' Village for Delhi 2010 are something that I haven't seen even in Olympics," the 'Flying Sikh' said.

"I had heard so many things about the Games village, so much negative publicity -- snakes, dogs, dirty sheets, broken tiles, etc. I don't mince my words and I am not scared of anyone. I would proudly say that these are exceptional facilities," the 81-year-old said.

With thanks : times of India : link in headline above for detailed news.
www.RWABhagidari.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment