Friday, October 1, 2010

CWG volunteers

Dear Mr. Vohra,

It is not true that volunteers have vanished from the scene of action. I can vouchsafe this from my own and my colleagues experience. We all have volunteered, undergone training, got the kit and booklet and were told at the end of the 3 training sessions, that we will be called by 27th September or so to undergo final training and visit to the various venues and work places of ours. I had sent five e-mails to the organisers which address was given, telephoned those people concerldned etc. giving all our details e.g. ID Nos. etc. but till date/time I am writing this mail, none of us have received any intimation. We are passionate about our working since we are all erstwhile sportspersons and incidentally I am an "Asiad Jyoti" award winner for successfully organised the Asiad-82. 

I had also reported the matter to all news channels but no avail. Then who is to blame! Of course, we are not. The Organizers have wasted their money on us in giving training, kit etc. This should be highlighted! This is how the precious money is wasted by the OC/CWG! Who is answerable?

TK Balu
Secretary/RBECHS/Anand Vihar

No comments:

Post a Comment