Sunday, February 28, 2010

We the citizens of delhi

Joint family system has broken down giving rise to nucleus families. It is the neighbours who rush to help when suddenly some one is ill and need to be rushed to hospital. When staying in East Of Kailash for more than thiry years, we at RWA level or at neighbour hood level knew when some is ill,confined to bed or crippled by incurable disease or event of death.

But in a colony like Madhuvan, near preet vihar new delhi 110092, only snobishness prevails. I remained at helm of affairs as honourary secretary of our dochbs society as well as member of MC, but i could not cange any thing.

Way back in 1995, my mother expired in a hospital located in Gurgaon. I brought her body to Madhuvan and no body came to my rescue to take body inside. The labourers working for construction just oppposite to our home helped me to bring my mother inside.

Plenty of white collared persons cannot afford medication due to high cost. They suffer because non knows and their self respect prevent them to stretch their hand. What can we do for such persons who are confined to bed or when some body has died in neighbour hood or to organise medicine distributions as we throw these when expiry date is over.

I do not know answer to these questions.

I really get depressed to notice our in action even when somebody merges storm water drain in his plot or when even rwa or society merges public road in their plot. MCD fails to act due to our in actions.

CAN WE CORRECT THIS SITUATION ?

K K Ghei

No comments:

Post a Comment